M and MSM Series
1752726 Members
5903 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

V-M200 port 1800 connections / Debug session login?

ir0nman
Occasional Contributor

V-M200 port 1800 connections / Debug session login?

Hi,

I'm using a V-M200 access point with firmware 5.4.1.1-01-11416 and so far it's been working fine. But there's one issue I discovered recently: The log of my firewall (IpCop v2.1.2) is flooded with periodical attempts once a minute by the access point to connect to port 1800 on the wireless gateway ip address of the firewall. The source port is 32768. I use just a basic wireless setup with static ip addresses and without VLAN, WDS, CDP, LLDP, Radius, 802.1x, SNMP, etc.
The only obvious services I use are SNTP time synchronization and bridge STP on untagged ports, but disabling these services did not solve this issue. Does anyone have a clue what might cause these connections?

When trying to find any useful information on this issue in the system log/tools section myself, I've stumbled upon the "Start debug session" function in the system tools section. After running a debug session, the system log indicates that this starts a local ssh server which is listening on port 22.  Though I was able to connect to the device via ssh, I couldn't login due to missing ssh username/password. As there is no information about this in the manual, I've tried various login combinations (admin/mypassword, admin/admin, admin/empty, root/mypassword, root/root, root/empty, etc.) but none of them did work. The user "admin" with which I login to the web interface doesn't seem to be a vaild user for ssh access as the log states "illegal user admin from [ipaddress]". So I guess it has to be root or something completely different. Anyone knows how to login to the debug session?

Best regards

2 REPLIES 2
Ali
HPE Pro

Re: V-M200 port 1800 connections / Debug session login?

Hi there,

You may trying the following to resolve your login issue.

1. backup the configuration.

2. reset to factory default.

3. now login with admin/admin user name & password.

4. clear the log entries

4. update the latest software as it has many fixes and monitor it for further issues.

refer to HP V-M200 802.11n Access Point Quickstart guide for more info:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.process/?spf_p.tpst=kbDocDisplay_ws_BI&spf_p.rid_kbDocDisplay=docDisplayResURL&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&spf_p.rst_kbDocDisplay=wsrp-resourceState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c02571909-1%257CdocLocale%253D&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

hope this helps,

How to say thanks! Just click on Star Kudos!

cheers,

Ali

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Carl1031

Re: V-M200 port 1800 connections / Debug session login?

Hello ir0nman,

Have you solved the issue on port 1800?  I've been handed the same product which i am recycling now and i'm running on the same issue as yours re port 1800 flooding my firewall.  Can't find any solution on the net even from HP website.

Regards,

Carlo