M and MSM Series
1753797 Members
8740 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: When adding a new member to a team, the new member will cycle between Uploading/Resetting states

Liverpool

When adding a new member to a team, the new member will cycle between Uploading/Resetting states

When adding a new member to a controller team, the new member will cycle between "Uploading configuration" and "Resetting configuration" states.

Wireless controllers: MSM 765zl . Software version: 5.7.0.2. Anyone having the same issue? Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
jguse
HPE Pro

Re: When adding a new member to a team, the new member will cycle between Uploading/Resetting states

Hello,

We've seen issues like this before and at least one is currently being worked on by engineering.

The workaround for the issues I've seen like this one so far have usually been to update to 5.7.0.2, where the issue didn't happen. Otherwise a factory reset of both controllers and then a manual reconfiguration usually works.

Considering you're on 5.7.0.2 already I'd highly recommend opening a case with support so we can have a proper look at your issue, and also provide you with a fix as soon as it becomes available. It's usually good to prepare a Config file, Sysinfo.bin and Filtered + Unfiltered logs from the Controller Team, and a "show tech all" from the host switch(es), since support will usually ask you to provide them for analysis.

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
debv

I am also having this problem using MSM760 controllers and software version 6.0.1.0. The new member cycles between uploading and resetting states, never resolving into synchronized state.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

ferl31
Occasional Visitor

I had the same problem on 6.2.0.0. It seemed to be caused by a different regalaroy domain on the members.

I resolved it by setting "Controlled AP-Configuration-Country" to "default (USA)". Then the members got synchronized and after that i could restore the Country to its correct setting.

vasalena
Visitor

I also had this problem with version 6.5.3.0. Very annoying!

I would really appreciate any idea in solving it.

johnk3r
Respected Contributor

What is the model of your Controller? Can you post some error log?

ATP FLEXNETWORK V3 | ACSA
KevinLM

Hi Guys, 

Has anyone found a resolution to this ? I am having the exact same issue

Controller: HP MSM 760

Software version: 6.5.0.1-19720

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

RamKrish
Valued Contributor

Hi

Without out the log files, it is impossible to find out why the member controller wont sync.  Attach the unfiltered log file from the controller.  There are many scenarios, where member controller can behave this way.  Without logs, its hard to guess.

Regards
Ram