M and MSM Series
1753261 Members
5008 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

anyone with 5.7.0.3 please try something?

tschaps
Valued Contributor

anyone with 5.7.0.3 please try something?

As my other post explains in more detail, I am having a serious problem with 5.7.0.3 allowing traffic between two hosts on the same radio (two radios in each MSM430, so traffic between a host on Radio 1 can communicate with a host on Radio 2 just fine, but two hosts on the same radio are isolated).  

Could someone please with 5.7.0.3 (ideally using teamed MSM765zl controllers and an MSM430 AP, but anything would help) please have two hosts connected to the same 5 or 2.4 ghz radio (confirmed in your web interface) try to ping each other?

If your is like mine, the ping will fail. However, you will be able to ping any other device on the subnet connected to a different AP, or even connected to the other radio in a dual radio AP. 

Please note: this is not a matter of a correct setting in the VSC's-- I know about that setting "Allow traffic between all wireless clients," and it is set correctly to allow all communication. Also, the behavior is not even quite the same as it would be if it were set to allow "NO" traffic -- on our guest VLAN which is set to allow no traffic,  multicast traffic from another host on that radio is also blocked. With the changes in 5.7.0.3, on a VSC which should allow all traffic, pings fail, but mdns (Bonjour) advertisements are passed normally. Something is goofy.

3 REPLIES 3
tschaps
Valued Contributor

Re: anyone with 5.7.0.3 please try something?

I would ask again if anyone can try pinging between two devices on the same VSC and connected to the same *radio* of an AP-- My problem is specific to the latest version 5.7.0.3.

That's the quick request, more information at the link below, if interested:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/MSM-Series/5-7-0-3-problem-AirPlay-mirroring-non-functional-on-same-access/td-p/5730881#.UBmtdEJJn4Q

JB242
Visitor

I just tried this and could not ping another client on the same AP under 5.7.0.3 (MSM410 & MSM710)

tschaps
Valued Contributor

@JB242 wrote:

I just tried this and could not ping another client on the same AP under 5.7.0.3 (MSM410 & MSM710)

Thanks for trying that and reporting. I would assume that you have that VSC set to "Allow traffic between all wireless clients." If so, you may want to test that all your applications which require communication between wireless clients work properly before a problem arises. Tracking this down and verifying the scope of the problem was a tremendous time suck for us.