1747997 Members
4347 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

msm765zl setup on PMM

G4S1234
Occasional Contributor

msm765zl setup on PMM

I have an msm765zl which is controlling a hand full of msm410 aps.  I also have a Procurve Manager with mobility manager plugin v3.10.  I can discover the msm765, yet I do not get anything of the managed aps.  They do not show up as devices and do not show up in mobility manager.  I cannot discover the devices directly by MAC or IP and I have a feeling that is because they are managed by the msm765.  Does anybody know how to get this to work?

8 REPLIES 8
Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

Re: msm765zl setup on PMM

I actually have the same problem with two of my customers running the latest pcm+ (3.20) and 5.5.0.1 MSM 760 and 765zl. Everything in the design guides suggest that you should only add the MSM controller to PCM and the APs should appear as childs to the controller in the tree, but Ive never seen it happend.

I'm awaiting answer from my contact at HP about this, I'll post my reply when I get one.

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

G4S1234
Occasional Contributor

Oh, good, I was getting frustrated.  Glad to know somebody else is in the same boat.  I am running 5.4.0.0.  Please do let me know if you get anything resolved.  Thank you very much.

G4S1234
Occasional Contributor

any news on this yet srg?
Ulrich Saur
Advisor

Have you already tried with activated LLDP on the controller / APs?

I also had the problem and did not see any AP, but for the latest firmware on controllers and latest PMM anything works fine.

Regards,
Uli
Aamir Yaseen

are you using DHCP to assign IP addresses to you Access Points or static IP addresses? i'm using MSM765zl Controller with multipe MSM410 APs and it detects them easily.

Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

No word from HP as of yet. I have both static and dhcp assigned APs with LLDP enabled on APs and controller.

Now I just realized you guys where talking about PMM also, my clients just use PCM+.

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

G4S1234
Occasional Contributor

I have all 410s and dhcp reservations for the APs.  i have not looked at the lldp setting on the controller yet.  I went to upgrade the controller to 5.5.1 because we now need to support some msm460s.  We're changing out the 410s.  But I had to revert to 5.4.0 because we use ad authentication on the controller and the new firmware seems to break it.  But that's another thread I guess.  So I'll update when I get that figured out.

DougB-CCCP
Frequent Advisor

I actually had this same issue - within the controller, there is a place where you have to put the IP address for PMM, and check the box to enable it.  Go to Management > Management console to find this.

You'll also need to verify the time on the switch chassis matches the time of the PMM server, otherwise the SSL certificates are invalid and they won't sync.

----------------
HP ASE (Mobility), Infrastructure Engineer