5585 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion

problem radio MSM 720 / MSM 430

sigmatel
Occasional Visitor

problem radio MSM 720 / MSM 430

Hello,

I have a problem with Access Point HP MSM430, the HP MSM430 (HP-J9651A) is joined as controlled Access Point on controller HP MSM720 (HP-J9693A),

So I can access to the wifi normally, but after power-off/power-on the Access Point MSM430, I cannot access to the wifi (no wifi is detected).

Thank you for help.

5 REPLIES 5
MSMenthousiast
Frequent Advisor

Re: problem radio MSM 720 / MSM 430

hi

what FW version do you have?

Do you see errors in the system log?
Ratchapas
Occasional Advisor

Please check light status on AP and AP association on WLC.
Does it show?
Best regards,
Ratchapas
elpoussino
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

If you are the Sigmatel company that I know, I think that you are installing your Wireless network in Morocco and that you are choosing Morocco as the country parameter.

I'm a wireless expert based in Casablanca and I had the same issue with a HP MSM 760 controller. You can fix this issue by choosing an other country (France e.g.).

It is an unreferenced bug that switchs off the Wireless port when you are choosing Morocco as the country. You can send me a PM if you need more help.

Best regards,

Arimo
Respected Contributor

Hello all

This is indeed a recently discovered FW failure. This affects MSM410/430/46x APs on a controlled environment running 6.x-firmware. Whether or not the VSC is access-controlled or has authentication makes no difference. MSM3xx/422 and HP 425 AP are not affected.

Please note that selecting a different country code may mean that you get into a situation when you're in violation of local radio regulations. There are 2 workarounds we can recommend:

1. Make a configuration change that forces the AP to resynchronize. The easiest and fastest way is to create a null VSC which isn't used and the APs do not broadcast it, but it has a VSC binding on the AP group. When the issue appears, just change configuration of this VSC, save and synchronize. Once the AP is in sync, it will start broadcasting the SSIDs again.

2. Downgrade. Issue isn't present with FW 5.7.x, so contact support to get 5.7.2-Sr2 (current version).

On downgrade please note:

- We implemented a digital signature to FW version 6.x. FW versions 5.x do not contain the signature, so when downgrading you will be presented a notification. To downgrade to 5.7.x it's necessary to use "Force install" -option.

- Due to new features etc. the configuration will not survive a downgrade, the device will default to factory settings. 6.x config cannot be uploaded to 5.x firmware, so if there's no config saved on 5.x firmware it's necessary to reconfigure the wireless manually from scratch.

Issue has been reported to the lab. I cannot give any kind of ETA for the solution. If you're experiencing this issue, please contact support.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer
Aarón
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

we have planned on upgrading to firmware V6.2.0.0, is this problem still ocurring? Is there any workaround with this fw version?

Thank you for your help.

Aarón