1753312 Members
5675 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: procurve msm313 and DVR remote viewing

s528
Occasional Contributor

procurve msm313 and DVR remote viewing

So I have the MSM313 connected directly to a modem. We now have a suecrity surveillance system and requires port forwarding. I understand the AP is not capable of port forwarding but is there any other way around this?

Currently I plan on adding a router before the AP so it will be modem, new router, then the AP and connect the DVR to the router.

If I can do away with the router that would be great.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Communications, Wireless (Legacy ITRC forum) to MSM Series. -HP Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
s528
Occasional Contributor

Re: procurve msm313 and DVR remote viewing

Just to update in the event another user is going through the same. There is no port forwarding in the AP.

I purchased a cheap 4 port router and port forwarded the neccessary ports.  I then connected the AP MSM313 and the DVR to the router.

One issue I ran across, is the LAN ip for the router and the AP MSM313 were the same. Puzzeling me for a while as to why there was no internet connection to the AP but fine to the router.

Changing the LAN IP to anything other then 192.168.1.1 and using different subnet resolved the issue.  Use an online calculator to get a new IP scheme.

The AP established a new IP issued by the router via its DHCP server and all was fine.