1752808 Members
6241 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: sharing traffic across 2 VSCs

P L Derby
Occasional Advisor

sharing traffic across 2 VSCs

I'm new to the MSM422 and have read through the manual but still not having much luck doing a simple configuraton.

The MSM422 is Autonomous

I have 2 VSCs, one for 802.11b/g traffic the other for 802.n traffic. There are two different SSIDs for the VSCs.

Devices on VSC1 can ping other devices on VSC1
Devices on VSC1 can ping other devices on VSC2

Devices on VSC1 cannot ping or connect to devices on VSC2 and vice versa. I would like devices on both VSCs to see each other.

In NETWORKS/PORTS I defined a VLAN 50 on Port 1. Port 1 is bridged to the LAN which is a ProCurve switch, VLAN 1 which has untagged ports.

In VSC/for SSID1 and SSID2 I set the Egress VLAN to 50.

Now the traffic doesn't get to the switch.

Has anyone done this simple setup and gotten it to work? I'm overlooking some setting somewhere and the manual isn't much help.

All I'm trying to do is set up two separate SSIDs to keep 802.11b/g traffic separate from 802.11n traffic on the same network with all devices being able to see all other devices on both radios.

3 REPLIES 3
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

if you set up eggress vlan 50 on VSC
switch port must be vlan 1 untag vlan 50 tag

please test
cenk

P L Derby
Occasional Advisor

Neither of the VLANs are tagged. VLAN 50 on the MSM422 and VLAN 1 on the switch are both untagged VLANS. So my understanding is they should just pass traffic since they are not tagged. My understanding is since they aren't tagged, then the VLAN on the MSM422 is local to the device as is the VLAN on the ProCurve Switch.

So thanks for the suggestion but I don''t have tagged VLANS.

cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

please send me 422 and switch configuration
cenk