Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012i not able to change "Controller Module Host Port Configuration "

David Mares
Occasional Visitor

2012i not able to change "Controller Module Host Port Configuration "

Hello,

I am new to SAN and iSCSI.

I am trying to configure my 2012i to set the iSCSI host port to a 192.168.100.105 IP from the default IP of 10.0.0.53, but when I click UPDATE HOST, it opens the second browser window saying it is doing the update and then successful, but then the IP never changes on the main window when I refresh, it stays with the 10.0.0.53 IP.

I have 3-146G SAS disks.

I configured my Virtual Disk to be a Raid 1 and the 3rd disk is a Hot Spare.

Eventually I will have two Dell 1950's running RedHat Enterprise Level 5 connecting to the 2012i via ip.

We are moving from a Direct Connection method to the iSCSI. The systems will be in an Active/Standby. We do this with Heartbeat application. The Active server mounts the drive and if it goes down, the application sense this, and then causes the Standby system to then mount the drive. We store our database on the stoarge system, and each 1950 has the application, and when the heartbeat app mounts the drive, it also starts the application.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Stuart H Smith
Occasional Visitor

Re: 2012i not able to change "Controller Module Host Port Configuration "

I have seen a similar issue as your ip configuration problem, firmware update solved it,

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_lang=en&h_cc=us&cc=us&h_page=hpcom〈=en&h_client=S-A-R163-1&h_pagetype=s-002&h_query=msa+2012i