108789 Solutions
New Discussion

4Kn Drives in HP MSA P2000 G3

SOLVED
Go to solution
jonatarnowski
Occasional Visitor

4Kn Drives in HP MSA P2000 G3

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a 2TB 4Kn HDD Drive in a HP MSA P2000 G3 Storage?  If so what do I have to do to make it work it my Storage?

If it is firmware related, Is there a possibility to run a firmware update without restarting the whole storage?

2 REPLIES 2
Shawn_K
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: 4Kn Drives in HP MSA P2000 G3

Hello,

The 4Kn drives were never qualified for use with the MSA P2000. Since the P2000 is an End of Life array they will not be supoprted with that system.

If you need to find a list of supported drives for your MSA array, please refer to the following link: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04315770&lang=en-us&cc=us

When you update a drive in an MSA array you do not need to restart the whole storage. However, when the drive is undergoing a firmware upgrade the drive will reset when applying the firmware. Therefor you should not be running host IO during a drive firmware upgrade.

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from HPE. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

jonatarnowski
Occasional Visitor

Re: 4Kn Drives in HP MSA P2000 G3

sadly not the solution I was looking for but my search is now over. Thanks