108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ACS v8.8F-2 Media

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA998057
Advisor

ACS v8.8F-2 Media

I have a customer that is not being allowed to purchase/renew his maint agreement for the ACS update service since the HSG80 is "end of life". Through a comedy of errors since 2002 when the controller was purchased, he has never gotten the PCMCIA cards smoothly due to "CarePak" problems... Nasty story.

Anyway, he has tried to simply get a line added to the "legacy" DEC/Compaq/HP service contract to include the media subscription and was told "NO".

Does anyone know how to get hold of a copy of 1 PCMCIA card with ACX v8.8F-2?

What if he tried to simply request the purchase of the ACS software? Would that be possible and if so, anyone have any idea how much it would cost?

rick

Rick
5 REPLIES 5
Matt Hawkins

Rick,

I have just had to purchase an 8.8-2F ACS card from HP. They cost around ├В┬г500, but can take a little while to get hold of they. Your main HP supplier / distributor should be able to get hold one these for you.
CA1004210
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Rick,

I have spare ACS V8.8-F2 Program Cards - we are in the process of decommissioning our HSG80 based SAN SAs and hence spare cards.

I asked our local HP office to see if they have any use for it - the answer was to throw it in the bin!..so let me know if you are interested and we can look into it...

Saket.

CA998057
Advisor

I just might be interested! Our FE is still trying to figure out how to get one, etc. But it might be nice to have a backup plan in case that falls through or the price for one card from HP comes out to be too high to handle!

But your cards go with the HSG80s, right? It wouldn't be good to pull one for me and then that box becomes non-functional! Or did you really have a spare one?

I hope you are not saying you are planning on tossing the HSG80(s) in the "trash"!?! I think there is still a good VAR interest in them. People like me that will be using them for the next couple or more years at least may still need spares and the VARs know that.

Now, I have a bunch of GIGASwitches and line cards for them along with DECHub900 (or MultiSwitch900) units and collections of FDDI and 10BaseT modules that I bet I will have a LOT of problem trying to sell to the VARs... :) Sad, but I bet these things end up in the landfill or recyclers. :(
CA1004210
Frequent Advisor

Rick,

Obviously the program cards are spare ones which were once used with HSG80 Controllers - ACS V8.8.F2.

Saket.
CA998057
Advisor

Wow! Great news! Please feel free to e-mail me off-line at rick hyphen dyson ampersand uiowa dot edu. :)

Rick