Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating SSP on MSA1500cs

JorisK
Regular Advisor

Activating SSP on MSA1500cs

Hi everyone,

We want to use Selective Storage Presentation on our MSA1500cs. Currently this controller is in use by 16 C-class Blade servers.

My question: do i need to shutdown all the servers? Will the I/O between the servers and the LUNs get interrupted?

Regards,
Joris
2 REPLIES 2
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Activating SSP on MSA1500cs

I would prepare the zoning, but not activate it. Shutdown the servers and active the zoning. Then power up one server at a time and use the adapter BIOS to find out if the MSA1500cs is still visible.

Otherwise there is a risk that exsting connectivity is disrupted due to a zoning error.
James Muell
Valued Contributor

Re: Activating SSP on MSA1500cs

At a time of low or no activity on your hosts, you could enable SSP and without doing anything, go into the interface to see if you can see and identify the WWNs per each connected host. (YOU CAN EASILY CANCEL OUT OF SSP ANYTIME AS LONG AS YOU HAVENT SETUP ANY HOSTS). You will need to make this matchup anyway if you do enable SSP. You will also need to know exactly which LUN # is going to each host. You should gather this information from each of the hosts prior to doing anything in SSP.