New Discussion

Re: Add disks to MSA 2040

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jluc001
Occasional Advisor

Thanks. it is easier by using https://<management IP address>/v2/index.html

Disks from MSA2 are now available (after dequrantine). I deleted the second Vdisk which containt 2 volumes (hyperv and quorum).

Now I am adding disks 2 from my MSA2 to the first Vdisks which is in Raid 5, it is on running. Hope I will not lost data in my 1st Vdisk.

After that, I would extend my DATA-HYP volume, I guest I must do an "expand Vdisk" before ?

Currently what is going on is called Vdisk expansion so no need to again think of vdisk expand or expansion.

After vdisk expansion completed then go for Volume expansion. Please refer page no 100 of SMU guide and refer section "Modifying a volume",

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c04220794

Once Volume expansion done then you need to check that volume presented to which Host Operating System (OS) and accordingly you need to check if Filesystem expansion supported offline or online. Accordingly you need to expand Host OS filesystem as well. Take help from OS expert regarding the same.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Jluc001
Occasional Advisor

Hi Subhajit,

Thanks for your help. With SMU v2 is easier than v3.

I did it with SMU v2 : delete MSA2 volumes then vdisk. Then add disk to volume MSA1 and expand volume.

Best regard

do you have any further outstanding query?

Request you to please update on the forum so that everyone can get the update who are all following.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with answers then kindly mark the forum as resolved.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
optimusprime90
Visitor

Hello Dears, I have MSA 2040 with 6 Disks configured in R5, i need to add more hard disks to increase the storage and map it to our cluster servers. I am totally new for this task and afraid to lose exisiting data. Can you please help me out. I have 3x1.2TB hard disk which i want to add