1753797 Members
8474 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Addition of a FC SAN Switch to a fabric

Patrick Mesman

Addition of a FC SAN Switch to a fabric

Hi,

I am looking for some documentation or a manual concerning the addition of a FC SAN switch (HP Brocade) to an existing fabric (also with HP Brocade switches).

Does anyone know where I can find documentations concerning this topic?

Thanks,

Patrick Mesman
3 REPLIES 3
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Try the San Design Guide, either the full document or just Part 2, Fabric infrastructure rules.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179911&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=406734

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

As mentioned, the SAN Design Guide is probably the best resource... but also check out the current release notes for you switch and it's current firmware.

The main things you need to know would be..

1. Set unique Domain ID's on all the switches

2. Clear the config on one of the switches if you can, otherwise check to make sure there are no zones/aliases with the same names on both switches

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)

hi,

first you will have to see all the switchs into the fabric, and then to look for the documentation of this switchs for that they will not restrictions for connect news switch into the fabric.

example: switch 2/16 V only allow one hope into the fabric. you must acquire a license to extend the jumps

when you have found out this follows the instructions that it indicates steven.

luck