1753529 Members
5068 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Additional administrator login for EVA P6300

AB2AB2
Advisor

Additional administrator login for EVA P6300

Yesterday I received brand new EVA P6300 and now I am playing with its options (I have old EVA 4000 also). This new P6300 has dedicated Management server combined with controllers. With EVA4000 I was accustomed to have few administrative accounts for two or three administrators, all I have to do - just add user to "HP Storage Admins" Windows group on server that have CVE.

But now with dedicated Management server I can see no options to make additional administrators (tab "Configure Administrator login options" :(.

Is it the sad reality with P6300 that I cannot have more than single Administrator for this new EVA?

Please, advice.

7 REPLIES 7
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hey!

So this dedicated management server - is this the management module (ABM - array based management) ?

From the CV user guide:

Array-based HP P6000 Command View in each HP EVA management module has one administrator
and one user account. Login credentials are set in the array's management module and can be
configured using the HP P6000 WOCP. For more information, see the HP P6000 Web-based
Operator Control Panel User Guide.

If you have a SBM - server based management - then you can use the normal way to give access to Command View.
AB2AB2
Advisor

Thanks. Seems, in my case I have to share admin's password. Not so good, this is an obvious shortcoming.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Another shortcoming with the management module is that you (at least with 4400) you could not use it for continuous access or to manage more than one EVA. Maybe the old management station you had for the EVA4000 can be used for this P6300 as well? (some requirements to CV version I suppose) but CV also works in a virtual machine - maybe that's worth looking into?
Gerard chibas
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

i got the same eva P6300,  can i use CV SBM to manage the eva through network, the costumer doesnt have fibre  channel HBA. for the command view server.

thanks,

Gerard

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Gerard chibas.

Do you have iSCSI ports or FC only?
Maybe you can manage it via the iSCSI ports, I do not know.
But, every P6300 has the ABM (array based management). This is provided by the management module. To access this you only need Ethernet connectivity to the management module and a web browser.
Gerard chibas
Frequent Visitor

the CMS/CV server(DL380 G7) only got onboard NIC.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

So connect to the ABM instead.

If you only have FC ports in the P6300 then you need a server with FC HBA to be able to manage the array via SBM (CV installed on the server).