cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-Series MPR performance

Tony Deneka
Occasional Contributor

B-Series MPR performance

We have a pair of B-series MPRs attached used for FCIP linkage between two sites. The sites are about 3 miles apart and connected with a 2Gbps link with CA runnng between two EVA 5000s (VCS3028). Latency is small and there's plenty of bandwitdth. The fabrics connected are Brocade 3900 series switches and the throttling has been set to about 500 Mbps. These MPRs replaced a pair of SL1000 devices that were typically able to move data at good rate. What I'm seeing is that the link tops out at about 20 MBps and I can't seem to push it any further than that. IP infrastructure eval indicates no major problems. Other relevant settings: One path only is being used by CA. Fabric frame = 2112, IP MTU = 1500 (verified good by Infrastructure), -m FCIP config switch is set to off, incoming e-port set to 2 GB, outgoing FCIP port set to 1 GB, static route configured for pathway on both MPRs.

Has anyone seen a bottleneck at about this throughput range ith the MPRs? It seems to me that I should be coservatively seeing twice that with a given bandwidth of 500 Mbps (6 MB/s). The problem seems to be most evident when a CA volume replication is initiated (understandably). When replication is running hard, latencies reported by EVAPerf go up to about 40ms from near 0 (which is what I was used to seeing with the SL1000 under similar circumstances). Any insite on performance characteristics like this would be appreciated.