cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brocade 2800

BR704150
Occasional Visitor

Brocade 2800

After the brocade is restarted, I seem to lose the effective configuration. When I do a cfgshow, the zone information is intact, but the effective configuration shows "no config in effect" I can run a cfgenable "configname" to re-enable the configuration. I then do a cfgsave to save the enabled configuration. But every time the switch is restarted, the configuration is no longer in effect.
The kernel version of the os is 5.3.1 and fabric version a2.4.1 Is this a known bug?
2 REPLIES 2
BR182499
Occasional Advisor

Re: Brocade 2800

Hi ,

was the configuration enabled at the time when the switch rebooted? If so it's got to be re-enabled after reboot. There's no known bug with the firmware version you use but you can ask your local HP support for a firmware upgrade to version v2.6.0c which fixes a number of issues.

Regards

-Oliver-
everything is possible ...
BR704150
Occasional Visitor

Re: Brocade 2800

Oliver, thanks for your response. Yes, I have been running cfgenable "configname" after each restart, but that is exactly the problem. Shouldn't the switch automatically save the effective configuration and automatically re-enable it after each restart of the switch if I committ the enabled configuration to nvram? It seems totally unsatisfactory to manually have to re-enable the configuration after each restart of the switch. Thanks for your clarifying this for me.