MSA Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brocade 3800 SAN config debate on Domain ID if NOT ISL.

Jim DeSpain
Occasional Contributor

Brocade 3800 SAN config debate on Domain ID if NOT ISL.

If anyone has a document on what is supported regarding HPUX 11.11 host w/4 HBA, 2 Brocade 3800 NOT ISL "Linked", same Domain ID #1 exists on Both switches, will be Greatly appreciated. IS this supported w/WWPN Zoning, if yes provide link to document, whitepaper, or same if Not. Host HBA have 2 connects each in each switch, Zoned to 4 seperate EMC F/A to 24 LUNS using PowerPath to load balance i/O.

Thanks Much.
Dammit Jim, I'm a Doctor
2 REPLIES 2
david5337_1
Regular Advisor

Re: Brocade 3800 SAN config debate on Domain ID if NOT ISL.

As I know,you don't set the domain id without link two switches.
You will only link the HBA to switch.
CA1003851
Occasional Visitor

Re: Brocade 3800 SAN config debate on Domain ID if NOT ISL.

This is more a question of how you want to build your SAN fabrics. Personally, we run 2 separate redundant SAN fabrics that are identical to each other. We call one RED, and the other one BLUE. Each server has 2 HBA's. One RED, and one BLUE. Server A is plugged into the same port on both fabrics. For instance, if Server A is plugged into Domain5 port2 on the RED fabric, his other HBA is plugged into Domain5 Port2 on the Blue fabric. We are up to Domain #25 this way.

Note: ALL fibre cabeling has either a RED or BLUE tape mark on it to make sure that we can maintain separation of the SAN fabrics.
VMS SAN mechanic