MSA Storage

Brocade 3800 SAN config debate on Domain ID if NOT ISL.

Jim DeSpain
Occasional Contributor

Brocade 3800 SAN config debate on Domain ID if NOT ISL.

If anyone has a document on what is supported regarding HPUX 11.11 host w/4 HBA, 2 Brocade 3800 NOT ISL "Linked", same Domain ID #1 exists on Both switches, will be Greatly appreciated. IS this supported w/WWPN Zoning, if yes provide link to document, whitepaper, or same if Not. Host HBA have 2 connects each in each switch, Zoned to 4 seperate EMC F/A to 24 LUNS using PowerPath to load balance i/O.

Thanks Much.
Dammit Jim, I'm a Doctor
2 REPLIES 2
david5337_1
Regular Advisor

Re: Brocade 3800 SAN config debate on Domain ID if NOT ISL.

As I know,you don't set the domain id without link two switches.
You will only link the HBA to switch.
CA1003851

Re: Brocade 3800 SAN config debate on Domain ID if NOT ISL.

This is more a question of how you want to build your SAN fabrics. Personally, we run 2 separate redundant SAN fabrics that are identical to each other. We call one RED, and the other one BLUE. Each server has 2 HBA's. One RED, and one BLUE. Server A is plugged into the same port on both fabrics. For instance, if Server A is plugged into Domain5 port2 on the RED fabric, his other HBA is plugged into Domain5 Port2 on the Blue fabric. We are up to Domain #25 this way.

Note: ALL fibre cabeling has either a RED or BLUE tape mark on it to make sure that we can maintain separation of the SAN fabrics.
VMS SAN mechanic