1751849 Members
5129 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Business Copy 3.2/RSM

dpuser21
Frequent Advisor

Business Copy 3.2/RSM

I currently wiped my san appliance clean and made it a standalone server. Now I am attempting to install the most recent copy of Business Copy on but the only drivers I find on HPs web site are for RSM. When I install RSM, it doesn't see my storage system and I believe that is because I don't have the RSM LTU. Shouldn't my Business Copy license work for this?

I'm a little confused on the the relationship between Business Copy and RSM. Can anyone clear this up for me?
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Business Copy is an "umbrella name".

Business Copy EVA is a bundle of the former EVA snapshot license and a BC management framework.

The framework used to be called EVM (Enterprise Volume Manager), but when Compa handed itself over to HP its name was adapted to the HP terminology (BC). BC V2.3 was the last version based on the old EVM technology.

RSM (Replication Solutions Manager) is the follow-on framework, which merges the functions of the old BC and CA (Continuous Access) user interfaces.

RSM should be able to talk to your storage system, even if the EVA only has a base license - there is no RSM license (at least I have never seen one in RSM V1.x and it did work fine for me anyway). Most likely you did not set the (SSSU) username/password within RSM.
CA1324534
Occasional Advisor

have you also installed Command View EVA? this is required for RSM to operate.
dpuser21
Frequent Advisor

Yes. Command View 4.1