6047 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Business copy EVA

CA203079
Occasional Advisor

Business copy EVA

Hello

Can someone tell me where I should look for the Users Guide on Business copy snap. I would really appreciate it

Thank You
Sundar R
13 REPLIES 13
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
CA203079
Occasional Advisor

Hi

Thank you . I am looking for the "User guide" on how to implement it ? I do not see in any of these documents.

Mainly I am looking for the sequence of commands .

Thank You
Sundar R
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Do you already have BC installed on your SAn Appliance? If so, then the easiest way to make sure things are working... and to get some hands-on experience with "implementing" is to run the Business Copy Manager from the SAn App Browser interface.

Once in, you can create a new jopb from a template. The Templates give you some basic configurations. Click on one that looks appropiate and it populates the job windows with the necessary commands and comments.

Right clicking on the commands gives you the option to edit the command. The help files are usually very useful.

If you need help installing, then simply put the CD into the SMA's CD Rom drive, browse to the SMA's inteface, click Settings... Maintanance...Install Software...Select the proper source (CD)...select the Business Copy Server 2.2(default selection) and click install.

This installs the Server piece. Once done, reboot the SMA. Take your CD and install the client software on the host you need it on. After instyallation, reboot.

When everything is rebooted, your BC Manager should be popluated with a storage subsystem AND a host and you can go back to toe first section of this post.

If you don't have the media, I can make available the "Docs" CD for BC 2.1a It is only about 8MB.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

The CLI (Command Line Utility) interface is called EVMCL and runs on the host. As far as I can tell, there is only help via the browser interface on the Storage Management Appliance available.

On the other hand...
If you don't intend to use the BC framework formerly called EVM (Enterprise Volumen Manager), but you like to directly initiate a snap on the EVA - this is done through Command View EVA or SSSU.

In the last case, grab the 'HP StorageWorks Storage System Scripting Utility Command View EVA Reference Guide' from here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&docIndexId=3124&locale=en_US&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=321347
CA203079
Occasional Advisor

Hi Steven

Thank you for the help. We have lost the media we are suppose to have. Could you please have it available ?

Thank You
Sundar R

sundar_raghavan@cdillc.com

Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

ftp to ftp.ccstechnologies.com

user name is IRTCGuest
password is irtc2004

Please let me know when you have the file so I can remove access.

Steven
Steven Clementi
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
RHCE
CA203079
Occasional Advisor

Hi Steven,

I am getting Error "Access Denied" !! Could you please help me ?

Thank You
Sundar R
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

try... ftp://irtcguest:irtc2004@ftp.ccstechnologies.com in a web prowser.

Steven
Steven Clementi
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
RHCE
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Ah.. it was a permission problem. Should work fine now. (browser/command prompt/ftp client/etc).

Steven
Steven Clementi
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
RHCE