cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMC Upgrade Very Slow

morriskr
Occasional Contributor

CMC Upgrade Very Slow

I am trying to update from 8.5 to 9.0 with upgraded 9.0 CMC but download is going very slow.  So slow that it will take more than one day to download.

Is this normal?

I downloaded upgrade through normal HP download method but do not know how to get CMC see upgrade file without removing FTP connection.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin

2 REPLIES 2
Jess1313
Advisor

Re: CMC Upgrade Very Slow

The upgrade depends entirely on how fast your system can download via FTP, however it is about 4000MB so it can take some time. If you have already downloaded the complete upgrade package (all 4000MB), on another computer using the CMC upgrade program, you can copy your downloads folder from c:/program files/HP/P4000/UI/Downloads to the computer you wish to perform the upgrade from, and then remove your gateway access and you will be given a "use local media" option to select and it will read the folder you copied. 

Hope this helps.

morriskr
Occasional Contributor

Re: CMC Upgrade Very Slow

That's is what I did in the end, downloaded, then copied download directory to the other nodes were the CMC was installed.  I did not try to shutdown the gateway.  The CMC checks the download against FTP source directory I suppose, says all is well, then does to upgrade.  I was able to upgrade with only an issue with the FOM, which as corrected by resetting its setting to the default.  Some problem recognizing username and password.