1752584 Members
4658 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can't set up a Cluster on Windows 2K3 with HP HBA. Help

Chad Smock
Occasional Advisor

Can't set up a Cluster on Windows 2K3 with HP HBA. Help

I am trying to set up a Windows Cluster on a set of 2K3 Advanced Server Boxes. It keeps setting up the Quorum locally instead of on my SAN making it impossible to get the cluster up and running.

I have clicked the Advanced Configuration when I am setting up the node, which I thought would fix this issue, but it isn't.

I am running an EVA8000, with FC1142SR HBA's. I have HPMIO, and the SCSI port drivers installed.

I have NO idea what to do now and any guidance would be most appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Two workarounds are described in this customer advisory:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00723191

Please look for the section titled
"Windows 2003 MSCS Cluster installation"
CA881997
Occasional Advisor

I would follow all of that, but make sure you have only one server up initially, and that you have made the presentation of the q: or quorum drive to each of the servers in the cluster. Can you see the q: drive before you start installing cluster services ? We're running an EVA3000 with four clusters and this has worked for us well.
Alireza  Babri
Frequent Advisor

First:
make sure you have installed Win 2k3 enterprise edition + updates on both nodes.

Secound:
make sure both nodes have access to the logical drive that you have made on the EVA as the Quorum.

Third:
You must format write signiture and format the Quorum by both nodes in DISK management console.

Forth:
You must install MPIO on both servers one by one

Fifth:
MSCS must be installed on the first node when the secound nodes is shutdown and vice versa.

Sixth:
You can add the alternate disks as a resource in your virtual server

Seventh:
It makes no differance for the procedure of MSCS installation & Configuration whether your shared storage is MSA or EVA, so as I have attached a document related to your case, it can be a good guide for you to take a look at it.

Eighth:
As I have menttioned above you may check for the nodes accessing the Quoram disk in command view EVA in hp management hompage or SIM.

At Last:
you do not need to run the MSCS in advanced mode. go for typical.

hope you deal with it.

kind regards,
Alireza Babri