108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Changing Default IPs on MSA 2050 SAN

SOLVED
Go to solution
rellan1
Occasional Visitor

Changing Default IPs on MSA 2050 SAN

I've inherited an MSA 2050.  I want to enable SMTP, but they used the default 10.0.0.2/10.0.0.3 (non-routable IPs) for the management console.

Am I able to change the IPs to another reserved IP address on my network that is routable without affecting any of the storage data on the device?  If so, please direct me to the documentation.

Thanks,

DR

5 REPLIES 5
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Changing Default IPs on MSA 2050 SAN

System recommended content:

1. HPE MSA 2050 User Guide

2. HPE MSA 2050 Storage - Supported Configurations

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Shawn_K
HPE Pro
Solution

@rellan1 

Yes, ou can change the IPs on the controllers without affecting data on the system. 

The following document has steps: HPE MSA 2050 User Guide

If you wish to check your firmware on your system you can now do so easily by checking this link: www.hpe.com/storage/msafirmware

Also, to check the overall health of your system and any available firmware versions you can use our new MSA Health Check Tool at the following link: www.hpe.com/storage/MSAHealthCheck

Download your MSA Log File from your MSA array
Upload the MSA Log File into the MSA Health Check website
Review the results by clicking through the tabs and saving the PDF report
Links to array, enclosure, and drive firmware are provided for easy access

I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from HPE. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

rellan1
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the assistance Shawn. I appreciate it!  I'll schedule the change with the appropriate teams.

DR

rellan1
Occasional Visitor

Shawn... One last question...

If I change the IP on the Management Port A and B from 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.3 (respectively) to routeable IP addresses, will I lose access to see the storage?

DR

Shawn_K
HPE Pro

@rellan1 

If you are using SMU, I suggest changing the IP address in the opposite controller and then test that you have access to the other controller's SMU. Then change the opposite controllers IP address. 

If you are on 10.0.0.2 controller and change the IP address you will loose the connection until you reconnect to the new IP address. Which is why I usually change one IP address at a time and then confirm I can access the new IP address and SMU. 

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo