Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clustering on MSA30 Dual Bus with DL360 G5

jebe
Occasional Contributor

Clustering on MSA30 Dual Bus with DL360 G5

Hi All,
I have a two DL360 G5 Server and one MSA30. It's a clustering system with win2K Adv Server OS. Each server using smart array 6404/256 controller 4 chanel(A1,A2,B1,B2). In MSA using Dual Bus (A, B). Meanwhile, A1 connected to A, and it's run well. But A2/B1/B2 disconnected to B. I still confuse about this problem. How to develop cluster system with equipment above?
thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Clustering on MSA30 Dual Bus with DL360 G5

You can't. The A-port on the MSA30 DB connects to 7 disk bays. The B-port connects to the other 7 bays. Dual Bus really means that these are two different SCSI busses.
jebe
Occasional Contributor

Hi Uwe,
you mean that MSA30 cann't use to cluster system? do you have a documentation to the effect that? or did you try to this system? thank you for your explain, i'm really not to do this before.
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I can confirm this. The MSA30 DB has two SCSI busses for redundancy and performance purposes. Fewer drives will share a bus, and if a bus fails, fewer drives will be affected. This enclosures was used in HSG80 based arrays for example: Either three dual-bus or six single-bus enclosures in a MA8000.

Take a look in the quickspecs of the MSA30:

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11738_div/11738_div.html

Dual Bus I/O Module
The dual bus I/O module allows two SCSI channels to access a single MSA30. This allows for greater fault tolerance (controller duplexing) or provides access from two different servers to two separate storage areas.

If you want a scsi based array for a cluster-solution, take a look at the MSA500 G2.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick