New Discussion юеВ

Re: Command View Limit?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dean_71
Occasional Contributor

Command View Limit?

Greetings again,

We have a EVA 5000 SAN. I'm running Command View EVA v3 on a SMA v2.1. We also have an unlimited capacity license.

Recently, we purchased 32 x 300 GB FC drives. After installing 8 of them, my command view reports that I have 5097 GB free space. However, when I click on my one and only disk group, Vraid0 & Vraid5 reports only 2047.99 GB available disk space. Also, My Vraid1 has been moving between 1700 & 1850 GB as snapshots come and go and the system levels itself. So I'm assuming that I have more than 2TB of free disk space.

So, why don't I see more availabe disk space. Does command view v3 have a 2 TB limit on reporting? Is there a version upgrade to the command view that I should be applying. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

By the way, I have a HP SAN maintenance contract if this question needs to be applied against it.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

> So, why don't I see more availabe disk space.

Because CV does not report the total available space. It reports the maximum possible size for the next virtual disk which can be created in one of the VRAID levels.

The maximum is 2 TeraBytes due to a SCSI limit (2^32 blocks a' 512 byte = 2,199,023,255,552 bytes).
gurdeep_2
Frequent Advisor

Agreed, the available disk space is always capped out at 2TB, however as soon as you start using more and more disk space, it will THEN begin to give you a reading below 2TB.
Dean_71
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the info. I guess I'm just not use to have a lot of available disk space.