108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Configuring P2000 G3 using the CLI

SOLVED
Go to solution
Suresh-Airwide

Configuring P2000 G3 using the CLI

Hi,

I have been trying to configure P2000 G3 MSA storage using the CLI to first set its IP. Using a USB cable, I connected to small CLI port and connected the other end to my Dell Laptop with WinXP SP3. When installing the USB driver, my Laptop gave me an error, could not install the driver. I searched for the Driver for "gadget Serial", but I could not find a single link with proper driver. Without which I cannot configure the storage. I searched for the driver in the CD that came with it, but could not find it
Please let me know where to get the driver and/ or if there is any other alternatives.
13 REPLIES 13
Suresh-Airwide

Re: Configuring P2000 G3 using the CLI

Hi Rob,

Thanks for this information. I was able to configure it using a straight cable connection to my laptop and set my laptop's IP address in the same subnet as the default IP set on the storage device and then logged into it using the default login and password and I was able to change the settings
walter gijselinck

hello,

as i understand you configured the Ip addr.with a cross cable to your laptop.Can you provide me the default ipaddr of the msa controllers , I cant login neither with the serial cable . ( mini USB to USB )
I got the serial gadget driver installed , but it will not work.

thx ,
walter
Craig Clements

Default ip address without dhcp is 169.254.x x. Use look@lan or another ip scanner once on the same IP range to find address.
KAUSTAV BOSE
Occasional Advisor

I am trying to do the same. The link provided for the USB Serial driver is for windows 2003 and 2008 server OS. I am using a windows XP profession system and cannot use this driver.

Also, you mentioned you used a straight cable. Did it really work? Or is it a crossover cable?

Lastly, according to the manual P2000 G3 MSA User guide manual, the default IP of Controller A and Controller B are 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.3. Subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 and gateway is 10.0.0.1
Marcus Leung

I am able to login through the CLI port. However, I still cannot communicate with the SMU even I set my laptop to same subnet i.e. 10.0.0.x . Default IPs are 10.0.0.2 10.0.0.3 . They can each other as I connect them via a switch.
Marcus Leung

Typos. I cannot ping 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.3 even when connect them via a switch.
Venkadesh Kannan
Frequent Advisor

The default IP is
Network ports on controller module A and controller module B are configured with the following default
values:
├в ┬в Management Port IP Address: 10.0.0.2 (controller A), 10.0.0.3 (controller B)
├в ┬в IP Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
├в ┬в Gateway IP Address: 10.0.0.1

Please try them, else I will recommend to try usb driver with a different system
RH Rathbone

I am having similar troubles using the CLI on the P2000 G3 MSA. I downloaded CP013118.exe and succesfully installed it on a IBM Lenovo T400 laptop. In the devices menu I see the following entry:
Disk Array USB Port(COM3)

I connected to the USB Mini 5 port using the USB cable which came fith the system.
I configured Hyperterminal (COM3, 115200 baud,8,1,N,N) and connected to the system.

However all that happens is that the characters I type are simply echoed back. I never get the # prompt no matter how many times I press enter.

Any idea why this might be.