New Discussion

Re: Configuring hosts on HP Storage P2000 G3 MSA

SOLVED
Go to solution
alfa2100
Occasional Advisor

Configuring hosts on HP Storage P2000 G3 MSA

Hi,

I'm configuring HP Storage P2000 G3 MSA, I have configured visks, and volumes, and added to host through FC cables, but what I have noticed is that it shows a single volume twice, as 2 different disks, same size. In addition it shows 2 different discovered volumes which you cannot bring online, or initialize because they don't exist configured in the storage server. How I can remove them, and fix volumes to be shown twice. This storage has 2 controllers, and all hosts are connected with FS. There are 6 hosts connected through SAN Switch

6 REPLIES 6
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Where are you seeing these volumes?

If it's in windows you probably have not installed/configured MPIO and the DSM.

The way to do it differs slightly between Windows 2003 and 2008.
alfa2100
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for your reply.

I see this volumes on Disk Management. I checked today, since in the storage are connected 6 blade servers from same enclosure, I removed 2 FC going from storage to SAN switch and these volumes disappeared. Regarding two other same size volumes configured in storage, and appearing in the Disk Management, I realized that when I disconnect one of the FC, this second volume disappears, and it showing correctly, but if I remove the fibre cable with correct volume mapped, I have to bring the other volume online manually before it shows properly, and become accessible. I hope you understand what I mean, since I think you have seen this before.

Now my question is how can I make these two fibre cables automatically redundant in the blade servers, I guess if both are connected, there should be only one volume visible, and automatically switch to second cable should first one fails.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Yes.

You need a multipath driver to handle this scenario when you have more than one path to a disk.

In Windows 2003 you install MPIO and a DSM. You can browse and find the downloads here: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-001&h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_product=12169&h_page=hpcom&cc=us&lang=en&h_client=S-A-R163-1

In Windows 2008 it's different. There is an advisory about it and it's been mentioned on this forum before but I couldn't find it just now.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

alfa2100
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for the link. However it is impossible for me to read this commands. Maybe it is written from  nonenglish languag, and it shows different characters

run the â mpclaim â eâ

run the mpclaim â r â I â d â TAG â

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor