5324 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Connection to volume lost after initial configuration

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jason Beckett

Connection to volume lost after initial configuration

I have two DL360s accessing the same volume which is controlled by an MSA1500. On both servers I initialized the partition and for a brief period I was able to write to the partition from both servers but then something happens and I am only able to gain access from one of the two servers. I have been able to resolve this by running a Check Disk with Automatic Error Correction but this problem keeps occuring.
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

It looks like you have an invalid configuration. I guess you are using Windows on your DL360? You need additional software for Windows which implements a shared file system - the basic Windows OS does not have this feature and the Microsoft Cluster Server (MSCS) only provides 'shared nothing' access to the data.
Jason Beckett

Can you recommend a software vendor? I honestly did not know this problem existed.
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Polyserve Matrix server can allow concurrent disk/file access from separate servers. Or else, as Uwe suggest, you setup an MSCS Cluster. This required Windows Enterprise Edition. Veritas Cluster Server might also be an option for you.

Regards,
Stephen