MSA Storage
1753501 Members
4646 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Critical Firmware Upgrade Required For Certain MSA SAS Solid State Drive (SSD) Models

ORBIT-IT
Collector

Re: Critical Firmware Upgrade Required For Certain MSA SAS Solid State Drive (SSD) Models

Hey, even this is a quite old post, I have a questions which hopefully can be answered quite easily:

A customer ran into this issue and now his SSD drives are broken. To my knowledge you are not able to bring them back into life - right?

Furthermore I have now the problem that I am not able to remove the disks from the diskgroup or remove them from the MSA 2040. I just want to reconfigure the system without those SSD drives and go on with the remaining SAS drives. Is there some article or such which can help me? Since the customer has a replicated setup with two MSA 2040 I am not able to reset the storage Volumes or disk groups to default. - A factory reset did not help at all.

Thanks in Advance.

Best regards,

Thorsten

Kipp_Glover
HPE Pro

Hi Thorsten!  I strongly suggest you open a support case.  There may be a way to recover the data from these drives and support will be able to assist you.   I don't know the answer to your second question, so please ask the support center.  

Cheers!
/Kipp

I work for HPE
ORBIT-IT
Collector

Hey Kipp,

thanks for your quick response. But we do not have an active support contract with HPE right now.

But the data is not the importantest thing. We would be good if we can just reuse the MSA with the remaining SAS drives, but we were not able to find a way to solve this.

Best regards,

Thorsten

Waltmani
Occasional Advisor

I have the same issue with two Dead SSD because of the firmware.   The drives are out of warranty and we do not currently have an active support contract with HPE.  The ReadCache Drive pool shows as "MSNG" while the data drive pool is FTOL and Health 'green check mark'.    I've replaced the dead SSD drives with new units but the drive pool still shows as MSNG.   Should I delete the Cache Drive Pool and recreate it?     I've checked the documentation on the HPE support and cannot find any guidance.