8018 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Data block fenced and Volume data block fenced ERROR

Inishev
Occasional Contributor

Data block fenced and Volume data block fenced ERROR

hu gues!
Hi i had fault disk, on array MSA 2040 and i was replace its!
because i was not have spare disk, i runed Reconstruction for vdisk (now is 16%), and now i have error

Data block fenced
A data block was fenced by the controller due to lost data. (vdisk: vd0002, SN: 00c0ff1dec9a0000a8a3dc5400000000,
LBA: 0x24A46EA5) (disk: channel: 0, ID: 18, SN: KWJK6LGF, enclosure: 1, slot: 19, LBA: 0x3554425)

and

Volume data block fenced
A data block in a volume was fenced by the controller due to lost data. (volume: vd0002_v0001,
SN: , LBA: 0x24936EA5) (vdisk: vd0002, SN: 00c0ff1dec9a0000a8a3dc5400000000) related event ID:B5317)

what is this?

p.s. Sorry for my English

1 REPLY 1

Re: Data block fenced and Volume data block fenced ERROR

As per the Event Descriptor Guide it says as below for the events you have mentioned,

Critical A data block was fenced by the controller due to lost data.
Event 543 will also be logged to describe volume information for the fenced data block.
Recommended actions
• Perform recovery procedures, which may include restoring from backups.

Critical A data block in a volume was fenced by the controller due to lost data.
This event describes volume information for a fenced data block. It is logged in conjunction with event 542, which
describes disk group and disk information for the data block.
Recommended actions
• Perform recovery procedures, which may include restoring from backups.

It's possible that the vdisk in question is in failed state due to other drives failed or having hardware error before this current reconstruction gets completed.

I would suggest to log a Support case with HPE to get proper support on this.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo