MSA Storage
1751975 Members
4872 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion

Devices are not seen after zoning (MSA1000-DL580-SAN2/8)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Re: Devices are not seen after zoning (MSA1000-DL580-SAN2/8)

Uwe,

Finally I was able to solve the SAN boot problem :-) .. I did a silly mistake in the adapter BIOS configuration.

When selecting the boot device (saved boot devices window) instead of giving the LUN number 01 which is the first LUN on the MSA I gave 00 (it didn't give any error at that time). So it used to fail. After changing it to LUN 01 it worked perfectly ...

This is one of classic examples of not doing RTFM ;-)

From morning I am able to reduce the problem count .. still one pending though .. securepath not seeing all the paths ..

-Karthik S S
For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Devices are not seen after zoning (MSA1000-DL580-SAN2/8)

Ah, yes. Feeling like an expert who does not need to stick his nose into the manual ;-)

Now, that was a long day, wasn't it?

I have only once tried a Windows NT SAN boot in late 1999 - the MSA1000 did not even exist then. We tried it on a sunday afternoon for fun, because we had one hour to burn, but during the installation the system crashed and we lost interest. This was out first project with HSG-based data replication, so we had lots of other things to take care of.