MSA Storage
1752606 Members
4827 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Disable the SSH server from supporting SSH1 client for HPE StorageWorks MSA2324fc

SOLVED
Go to solution
tdakir
Occasional Contributor

Disable the SSH server from supporting SSH1 client for HPE StorageWorks MSA2324fc

Hello,

For a need to fix a vulnerability, I am looking for a command to disable the SSH server from supporting SSH1 clients.

I found on the internet a command "undo ssh server compatible-ssh1x"  but it concerns the switchs, is it the same thing for Disk Array "StorageWorks MSA" ?

Thank you in advance,

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Disable the SSH server from supporting SSH1 client for HP StorageWorks MSA2324fc

You can try the below command to disable SSH in MSA,

#set protocols ssh disabled 

In order to see the setting,

#show protocols

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
tdakir
Occasional Contributor

Re: Disable the SSH server from supporting SSH1 client for HP StorageWorks MSA2324fc

Hi,

I do not want to disable SSH.

I need only disable the SSH server from supporting SSH1 clients (version 1).

By default, the SSH server supports SSH1 clients.

Best regards,

Shawn_K
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello,

There is no such command available on an MSA2300 array. Please remember that this is an End of Support Life system. It went End of Support Life on  January 31, 2018. You should consider contacting an HPE Sales Team to refresh your system to a newer model which has better security protection.

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from HPE. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo