1752796 Members
6065 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA 440 licences

Vicky Phipps

EVA 440 licences

Hi

I have two EVA 4400, i purhased command HP CV EVA 4400 Unlimited E-LTU and cotinuous access. I whet on to web to get licennce and i only received one licence in the passwords. it says in my text file EVA Hostname: Any but my second EVA is complaining that !expires in 18 days (60 Day Inst - HP StorageWorks Command View Eva Instant-On) HELP.

My reseller says that i need two copies of commandview but HP web site says it is optional.
6 REPLIES 6
Mark Wibaux
Trusted Contributor

As far as I am aware the license for CV is per array.
If you check out the licensing FAQ at
http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storage/software/cmdvieweva/licensing.html
you will find

Q1. How is Command View EVA licensed?
A1. Command View EVA is a capacity based license and is licensed per array.
Customers must purchase enough Command View LTU(s) to meet, or exceed, the total raw capacity of each EVA.

Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Vicky:

The license is per array. If you hit the webware site again, plug in your order number, see if there is another license waiting to be generated.

You do NOT need 2 copies of Command View running. 2 copies of CV would not help you anyway since the license code is keyed for the EVA's WWID that you gave the system when it was generated.

The "EVA Hostname: Any" simply means that it can be used on any Command View Management server, not for any EVA.

Best suggestion is to contact HP...referencing your order number. They should be able to assist if your reseller is not helping in any way. Afterwards, I'd probably consider finding alternative resellers. ;o)

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Vicky Phipps

Hi

i thought that was the case thanks for the confirmation, will try again..
Mila Sojka
Frequent Advisor

And you also will need two licences for Continuous Access.

From EVA CA QuickSpec:
"When ordering a HP Continuous Access EVA license SKU, make sure you plan for current data you intend to replicate plus a full year of growth. Licensing is on a per array basis."
Vicky Phipps

Just a quick update.

not only do i have to buy the EVA4400 (i have 2), i also have to pay for the software to control it i.e. CommandView (OK far enough), and not happy with that i have to buy the licence to use the EVA's and then i have to get CA for each......

What a novel idea, buy a piece of kit then pay to use it.....

(not having a good day) have to find ├В┬г4k plus VAT.......
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Vicky:

The basic CV licenses should have been part of the original order, if they weren't... i'd put a serious hurtin on your reseller. (then go back to my original statement about finding alternatives...) ;o)

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)