Gpapa
Advisor

Re: EVA 4400 implemetation

Just like to say thanks

Had a change freeze over Xmas
but now back into the swing of thins

the migrations is moving along ..
there is a few steps with the windows boxes but it is working

one thing i noticed however is that when i use continuous access to migrate the data, if i use synchronous mode the volume is not readable. but if i use asynchronous all is fine.

dont mind this as i delete the DR group once complete, but i would like to know why this is the case.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

> ... the volume is not readable.

How exactly did you test it? If you just delete the data replication group, the destination virtual disk operates in read-only mode.
pacman1905

Hi Gpapa

Im intersted in setting up email alerting for incidents occuring on the EVA 4400 and I went into the System Options, alerts and had the same problem you had where when you select the Checkboxes and hit save, going back in again will have all the checkboxes all blanked out again, how do you know that the options have been saved????

Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Test it.
Simple way to test - look down the list and look for 2051 which is a folder create.Save the change and then just create a folder. You should then get a 2051 trap to say a folder has been created.
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
Gpapa
Advisor

David as Mark said, easiest way is to test it, i to thought it was not working until i tested it.

Uwe, after i have deleted the replication group, and changed to Read-Write

I present it to a host.

in disk manager under 2003 server i see the disk, but it does not have a drive letter assigned and it will not allow me to assing one either.

if i do exaclty the same steps but use asynchronous mode, then when i present the vdisk, the drive letter come with it and all is fine.
pacman1905

Hi mark and Gpapa

Thank you for your feedback. I did what you suggested and it worked. What I also did was install HP SIM 5.2 and it accepts the SNMP traps and emails the alerts accordingly

Once again thanks.