MSA Storage
1753913 Members
9040 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA 5000 Switch change/command view failure

Richard Raffo

EVA 5000 Switch change/command view failure

I recently swapped out two 16 port switches for two 32 port switches. The switches worked in that the servers/hosts could see thier SAN space but when I tried to browse to the command view pages I could not see my storage space but instead got a message that the mgmt appliance was not responding but might in time(?) and that this should not effect my host i/o....I swapped back the to the old switches and got my command view back. If I had waited would command view have cleared itself of do I have some kind of mismatch switches.....
2 REPLIES 2
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: EVA 5000 Switch change/command view failure

So you swapped switches and the Command View EVA management host was no longer able to "see" the EVA.
Since CV EVA has nothing to do with the data paths, you could try rebooting the management host after putting the 32 port switches back. If still no luck, check for incompatibilities between the management host and the switch ports. Perhaps 2 Gb HBA cards on the management host trying to connect to switch ports *locked down* at 4 Gb?

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Richard Raffo

Re: EVA 5000 Switch change/command view failure

you could be right about the hba's in conflict with the locked down ports...I had not thought of that....did try to recycle my mgmt appliance...I had high hopes for that...but...not to be...thanks...