108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA Command View Logon difficulties

SOLVED
Go to solution
Christian DG Spurr

EVA Command View Logon difficulties

Hi,

We have an EVA 4400 in pre-production stage at present and we're trying to add the management server to the domain. When we change the computer name and add it to our domain, the Command View logon process suddenly stops allowing access.

The hpadmin logon now gives the message 'insufficient privileges', as do all domain accounts etc.

I've created an 'HP Storage Admins' and Users group in our AD and added my username to it - doesn't help.

We also uninstalled command view (9.01) and reinstalled it, but now we don't get an option to install using domain or local credentials, it automatically skips to the next set of options and installs (i assume) using local ceredentials again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Changing the system's name will cause Command View to stop working. It *is* a management server. Does it really need to be part of the Windows domain?

First, uninstall Command View, and delete the local "HP Storage *" groups. Reinstall, and the the installation process recreate the local groups.

Ultimately you may need to reload Windows then reinstall Command View EVA.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Matt Weil
Advisor
Solution

the ccbgn.cfg file is not recreated. With other products it can also be found in c:\program files x86\Hewlett Packard\common ??? or just in sanworks.

hope this helps we went through this a few times now.

1.I disabled RSM V4.0 as it is not compatible with CV 9.1.
2.I uninstalled CV then deleted all the directory structures used by it.
3.Rebooted the system.
4.Installed command view 8.0 and verified it worked.
5.Copied the ccbgn.cfg that CV8.0 created out to another directory.
6.Uninstalled CV8.0 and physically removed the directory structure that supports it.
7.Installed CV9.1 and observed the same problem you encountered.
8.Stopped services and copied the ccbgn.cfg file to the sanworks directory.
9.Verified installation then installed the 9.1.1 patch.
Christian DG Spurr

Hi Matthew,

Any chance you could point me in the direction of this 9.1.1 patch? And also, in which sanworks directory should the ccbgn.cfg file be placed when 9.1 is reinstalled? As soon as I've followed all the steps I'll get back to you all and let you know how we're doing.

Thanks to both of you for your posts!

Regards,

Christian
Christian DG Spurr

Hi,

I followed Matthews steps (apart from the 9.1.1 patch) and everything seems to be working again. No more 'insufficient privileges' messages or other problems.

Thanks for your time and help!

Regards,

Christian
Modena
Occasional Visitor

We had v6.0 running, installed and cleaned up the directories and registry, rebooted, then installed 9.0.1, and it worked on the first CV server.

Followed exactly the same procedure on our second CV server and it failed with "insufficient privileges". Through investigation it looked like no ccbgn.cfg files were created by the install.

After much hair pulling, I removed 9.0.1, installed 8.0 and copied the ccbgn.cfg file out. Then removed 8.0, reinstalled 9.0.1 and copied the ccbgn.cfg file to the 4 locations that it existed under v8.0, plus the SANworks directory, restarted services, still got "insufficient privileges".

Then had to remove group membership of HP Storage Admins from the administrator account, and re-add it to make it work - go figure.

It also appeared that opening the HP Storage Admins group and adding/removing users from the group, did NOT have the same effect as opening the user and using the "membership" tab to make them a member of that same group - weird.