cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVA4000 need to join new domain

Chavan Chandra
Occasional Visitor

EVA4000 need to join new domain

I have eva4000 controller with 2c3d nspf configuration. Created with 6 numbers of lun & assign to different servers. As the company policy the domain name has been changed & all the servers are in processo of moving to new domain.
Can I just simply demote my storage server from old domain to workgroup & than after restart will join to new domain. Will it affect my daily activities. Also will the command view run properly after i will connect to new domain.Can I see my eva 4000 storage the way it shows from command view.

Kindly help me ASAP
1 REPLY 1
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA4000 need to join new domain

"Can I just simply demote my storage server from old domain to workgroup & than after restart will join to new domain."
Is it a "Storage Server"? running Windows Server 2003 Storage Server edition?

If so, perform the name change using the storage management utility that comes with the OS.

"Will it affect my daily activities."
Yes.

"Also will the command view run properly after i will connect to new domain."
No. You will likely need to re-install Command View.

"Can I see my eva 4000 storage the way it shows from command view."
Not until you re-install Comamnd View.

My suggestion:

Install Command View on a server that has already been converted to the new domain, then move the Storage Server.

There are other things to consider at this point as well. Specifically, are you still using ISEE/WEBES for remote support for your EVA? It might be a good time to consider upgrading to the new versions since ISEE is EoL and non usable come June/July.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)