1753424 Members
5108 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA4400 - Command View EVA has not path to the master controller

Darin Fritz

EVA4400 - Command View EVA has not path to the master controller

Hello all,

I amm new to the EVA storage environment. i have an EVA 4400 that seemed to hickup this morning. I had a snapshot fail followed by Command view reporting a communication issue with the array. Tech Support then had me reboot the management server which now when I open Command View I receive a Operational Failed! This instance of command view EVA has no path to the master controller. On the left hand side of the window it shows what looks like a WWN - 5001-4380-025a-D950 - SLAVE only and I can not see anything.

Also if I highlight the EVA Storage Network on the left it shows my EVA Storage Network Properties with 0.00 GB for total space, storage space used and available space.

Anyone provide any information would be great!
3 REPLIES 3
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA4400 - Command View EVA has not path to the master controller

Hi,
This can happen from time to time with EVA's/CV.
If you have tried a stop/start of CV service and a reboot I would be tempted to try them again.
After that go to the top level screen in CV and do a "discover". Do this 3/4 times - if still no joy then go to the WOCP and find the "master" ctrl. Once you have located it restart the master ctrl either from the WOCP or CV.
You should now find that the slave is the master a visa versa. This should now sort out the problem.
If you do restart the ctrl you may want to do this at a quite time but it all depends on your load. The users should not notice. However I would go down the stop/start service etc again first before restarting the ctrl. Ultimately you may have no choice.
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
Darin Fritz

Thank you for the information. I did restartthe services and not luck. i then ran teh discovery 3-4 times and no change.

Concerning the management card, currently there is no cable connected and I think the IP address was set to something - if I do a reset on the management module will that effect anything on my storage array or environment. Can I safely reset that to change the IP address to the default so i can gain access?
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Reseting the management module (MM) should not affect the operation of the EVA.
Hold in the reset button for about 3secs
Def IP = 192.168.0.1
def user = admin
def password = "enter nothing just hit rtn"
Recommend you set a password for the admin a/c when done as the EVA can be un-intialized from here !!
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...