108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA6000 administration

volverine_25
Occasional Advisor

EVA6000 administration

Hi,

This is my first post in this forum.

We have EVA6000(2C8D configuration, and combination of Online/Near-onlinr disks) with 2 Brocade Silkworm 4100 (32 ports) switch.

Currently we do not a have an automated way to get the EVA6000 configuration info (i know SSSU is there but that is not good for reporting....that will only save the configuration).

So I just need to know if there is any freeware/tool available from HP or Brocade which will tell us:-

1. The switch configuration (like what server is connected on which port and the WWID for that host, etc).

2. A report (preferably in excel) giving us information regarding all the Disk Groups, Virtual Disks, hosts, etc.

All of our servers are Win2003 Stamdard servers including the Management server.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
CA1074530
Advisor

Hi!
There are some tools available for interpreting the sssu output that I am aware of, however I have not managed to get them myself. (I have not spent too much time looking)

For your Fabric component though, Brocade have a great tool known as SAN Health. I believe it will provide everything you desire about your SAN Fabric.
It is freely available to Brocade switch users. See the website for more details:
http://www.brocade.com/support/sanhealth.jsp

Regards,
Dean.
volverine_25
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Dean for your help. Let me try and use the SAN health tool and see if it gives the required functionality.

Basically I am looking for something that will give me an excel report format regarding the VDISKS, HOSTS, DISK Groups etc. that have been configured.

On the Switch side, I am looking for something that can let me know the switch configuration, e.g. on what port which server is connected and what is the WWID etc.

This will be really helpful in case of a DR plan.

Again thanks for your help and let me see the possibility of using this tool.
eis1953
Advisor

There is a tool that should be loaded on your appliance called Support Data Collector, that is a real time tool that coverts stuff to a CSV file.

Events, Real disks, Virtual disks, System , disk groups and even DR groups its great....
volverine_25
Occasional Advisor

Where can I find Support Data Collector?