1752577 Members
4303 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA8000 Email Notification

gurdeep_2
Frequent Advisor

EVA8000 Email Notification

Is it possible to setup email (or other forms) of notification of varying levels of warnings?
7 REPLIES 7
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Yes. For example, in CV-EVA you have _lots_ of events which can be individually choosen for SNMP.
gurdeep_2
Frequent Advisor

I see where you can set different events, however, can I configure it to send me an email via SMTP?
It appears that I need to have a management server listenting on a specific port to receive the events... I thought it'd be easier to have events sent to me rather than looking at events daily.
Peter Hoogenboom Sijtsm
Occasional Advisor

As far as I know this is possible with a combination of ISEE en WEBES on the management appliance (at least for the EVA5000 it is). However it is not possible anymore (as far as I know) to sent mail at varying levels. You'll receive an e-mail with a notification when HP will receive one.
As far as I know HP can install this for you and this is not available publicly.

Hope this helps.
Johan Holmstrom
Advisor

No, you cannot from within the EVA configure it to send email to a specific adress. What you will have to do to accomplish this is to set up a HP SIM server somewhere, (or any other program that can recieve snmp traps and send an email), and have the appliance server send snmp traps to that server.
CA917068

Not from the EVA, but you can from the SMA. It is not a trivial task, and I only have a hard copy HP procedure on performing. I local storage guru gave me years ago.

"Yes. For example, in CV-EVA you have _lots_ of events which can be individually choosen for SNMP."

Uwe can you do into more detail about this ?
I├В┬┤m currently trying have the CV host send traps to hpOV.
Tihomir Vlahovski

Hi Patrik,

You can download and install WEBES tool on the SMA server. After installed, you can specify SNMP recipient of the traps.

Regards,
-Tiho