1753531 Members
5297 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: FCA2214 PCI Fiber Adaptor Driver Install Error

CA935176

FCA2214 PCI Fiber Adaptor Driver Install Error

Hello All,

New to the SAN world and of course its the simple things causing me a problem.

I have placed the card in one of the 66Mhz PCI slots on a ML370G2. Booted the server, logged in, and at the new device found window (pressed cancel per manual). I then placed the SAN Array 1000 driver CD in the drive and from the autostart screen chose to install the fiber card drivers. It goeas through a minute or so of unpacking an then gives an error stating "you do not need to install this software on this server"....I thought maybe I had current drivers re-booted and pressed next at the new hw prompt which ask me for drivers. Had it search for best driver on the install cd but it didnt find any it liked. Anyway thats my story hope someone can help
6 REPLIES 6
CA935176

Found the answer to my question. This card just recently began supporting windows (rev B) and needed to have a small driver downloaded from HP and installed prior to following the instructions as listed in the manual.

Thanks

Andy
CA1052361

Hi Andy,

I am having the same problem on my ML350 with a FCA2101 host bus adapter card. My question is, what driver did you download and where did you get it from?

Thanks for the help.
CA1112893
Occasional Contributor

I am having this same problem, except for the fact that on my DL380, the FCA2214 card that I have is appearing as a Qlogic fiber channel card.

Can someone help lead me in the right direction as to what driver I need to download?

Thanks
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

CA1112893
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I have tried several versions of the 2214 driver listed and non seem to work... is there any other possible drivers to use?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Kevin,
do you refer to your own thread at:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=543243
??

It rather looks like a mismatch in protocol type or line speed to me. Unfortunately a direct point-to-point link is a bit harder to diagnose, because it only comes up when all parameters match. Please let us continue the discussion of your particular problem in your thread, OK?