5934 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: FCA2214DC can't be found by ACU

Adam Janiec
Occasional Contributor

FCA2214DC can't be found by ACU

Hi,
I have two dl385's (G1) with FCA2214DC hba's connected to msa1000 via 2/3 hub. ACU doesn't detect hba (both servers) no matter if it is ran from SmartStart cd, or from os (esx 3.5) Insight Management home page. I've been doing all config via CLI, but I would like to use ACU. All firmwares are up to date... Any clues?
Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Did you try it with a recent version of the SmartStart CD?

On VMware ESX server and the latest HP management agents you do need to add the QLogic SNIA API library:
http://support.qlogic.com/support/oem_product_detail_vmware.asp

--

I do hope that you will not attempt to run this unsupported configuration in a production environment!

If you are using a MSA 2/3 hub, all components are running Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC_AL) protocol. Some adapters do send bad signals as long as the firmware has not been loaded into the on-board RISC processor. This can confuse FC_AL hubs, prevent port bypass from activation and results in a non-working loop
Adam Janiec
Occasional Contributor

Hi,
Thanks for your hints...
Yes. I did try latest SmartStart cd. I have not updated the library yet, but if booting from SmartStart cd doesn't work then i don't think adding updated libraries on the agent would fix the problem. This adapter has been on the market for some time, and I don't see why HP should suddenly add support for 5 years old adapter.
I don't really want to involve msa1000, and its components in the troubleshooting yet. If ACU doesn't see the adapter it suppose to communicate through, then why should I expect to see msa profile in the first place? I just don't understand why HP adapter is not seen by HP setup program. My guess is bios settings of the adapter may be screwed some how, or HP never supported this device... I found the document on HP website stating Red Hat and Suse running on dl385 (AMD chipset) servers had problems detecting those hba's, but is it fixed yet? Has anyone had similar experience with it?
Thanks