1753408 Members
7086 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: FORGOT PASSWORD FOR HPE MSA 2050

babular
Occasional Visitor

FORGOT PASSWORD FOR HPE MSA 2050

Hi, kindly assist with resetting login details for HP MSA 2050.

The defaults password were changed from manage to something else but we can't seem to remember the new login details. 

Please kindly assist as we can't login to the Storage device.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
arun_r
HPE Pro

Password recovery would probabvly not work if the MSA firmware version is VL100 version. 

Try the below mentioned steps:

Connect USB serial cable to the controller.

Use Terra Term or another similar emulator if USB drivers and putty serial console doesnt work:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_b5a86168606e4446b10ed72b52

Controller serial number would be displayed on the log in page.

Use controller serial number as the password.

This would reset the user accounts and password and restart managenment controllers,

If the above steps fail to fix the issue probably both controllers require replacement and HPE support should be able to help you with that.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

arun_r
HPE Pro

Can you please help us to understand if the issue got resolved or not?

If issue got resolved then how?

This will help for everyone who are all following your forum.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

babular
Occasional Visitor

Dear Team,

This issue has not been resolved.

I tried all the suggestions above but couldn't resolve the issue at hand.

Thank You

arun_r
HPE Pro

If the suggested steps failed to resolve the issue the only option would be to replace both the controllers simultaneously after scheduling a down time.

Please log a support case with HPE support team who should be able to assist you further:

https://support.hpe.com/portal/site/hpsc/scm/home

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Andy_OSL
Visitor

Hi,

I have a similar issue and wanted to know what is the impact of using the "restoreusers" procedure.

Will this just reset usernames and passwords, or will it also clear config setting and maybe data too?

I appreciate its common practice to always backup data before trying these things, but if you can't get into the unit, it's difficult to backup the settings.

Thanks

Shawn_K
HPE Pro

Hello,

If you use a "restoreusers" command it will just retore the users to their default settings. In other words, any and all unique users will be deleted with the manage and monitor users returned to their original default settings.

This command will not change any configuration settings or affect and volumes, disk-groups, or host settings.

I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from HPE. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Andy_OSL
Visitor

Thanks for the reply Shawn_K.

I managed to regain access using the restoreusers method and all other settings and data are still intact.

Phew!!

Andy

Shawn_K
HPE Pro

That is great news Andy.

Can you please mark this topic as closed?

I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from HPE. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo