MSA Storage
1752723 Members
6476 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Fibre HBA FC2242SR on DL380 Win 2003 Storage Server Driver

Frank Fello

Fibre HBA FC2242SR on DL380 Win 2003 Storage Server Driver

I'm installing an EVA4100, the CommandView Server came in as a "DL380 G5 Win 2003 Storage Serer R2" 32 bit. The only drivers available for this HBA (FC2242SR) are Win 2003 Server. When loading this driver I get "Not supported by this OS. Have called support four times now and still can't get the right driver. Looked up the DL380 G5 Storage Server drivers and all I find is a Notification driver. This also happened last week on another install and ended up re-imaging the DL 380 to Win 2003 server. Have another install coming up next week with the same hardware/issue. Please Help!
4 REPLIES 4
Ben Galvan

Frank I just had this same thing happen to me. Exact same scenerio--server, error, etc. It makes no difference what driver you try to use. Unfortunately, I don't have the answer. Mine is an EVA6100 but it plays the same. To boot, the CMV7 CD wouldn't install. I would rather not talk about our SUPPORT lately.
Frank Fello

Had two more installs with the Dl380 G5 Storage Server, they are coming in 64 bit operating system. I down loaded the 64 bit enhanced driver for FCA2242SR, when I installed it said this software is not installed on you system, would you like to install-YES and it worked. CV 7.0 installed and ran fine, not sure what happened with the first server.
Ben Galvan

Frank I tried this driver also, but it didn't work on mine. The one thing I noticed is even though I could boot the OS, the Boot Controller came up as "undefined". I ended up reloading a copy of Windows Server 2003, but it would only load when using Smartstart 7.8 or higher. For whatever happened, I guess the driver got corrupted. Anyway, the new OS allowed me to load CV7, the HBA drivers loaded on the new install and all went well from this point.
Michael_505
Occasional Contributor

I'm in the middle of a similar situation. I notice that the FC2242SR is a PCI-E option and there are only 2 PCI-E slots in the DL380G5. One has the PCI-X backplane plugged into it, so I'm hoping if I plug the board into the 2nd PCI-E slot on the motherboard, perhaps it will work.

The support person I spoke to said the FC2242SR isn't supported on a Storage Server, but it is on the SPOCK matrix as supported..