4875 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HARD DISK - LEFTOVR

Mahmood Khatri
Occasional Advisor

HARD DISK - LEFTOVR

Need help here.

The disk is part of RAID10 system comprising of 10 Disks. From the SAN Management Page it shows the disk as 'LEFTOVR' disk ( while all others show as VDISK)..the solution I got from net is to clear metatdata on disk.this can only be run from the menu for MSA and not from the individual Hard Disk

I am not 100% sure if that option is safe and would not destroy the existing RAID10. Can someone confirm.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
hvhari
Esteemed Contributor

Guided Troubleshooting should be able to help you on this. Please follow below link.

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-905&h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_product=1143841&h_audience=smb&h_client=1011&h_page=absurl&h_audiencerestrict=true&lang=en&cc=us

Regards,
Hari

If this post was useful , click the Kudos Star on the left side to say Thanks!
DCESstorage
Occasional Advisor

Generally I don't recommend doing this approach without going thru HPGT earlier pointed out by Hari., and other folks.

Also - you should most likely consult HP - to exactly understand the events and extent-of changes that occured which may have caused the current situation. Also, you have good backups, right !?

Now - if you exhausted all the above options - just a quick process we worked recently upon a power-hiccup, and LEFTOVER disk (amber-light) event. We know this LEFTOVER disk did not move from some other slot, nor it came from some other MSA/system. We are sure - this LEFTOVER event occured due to a power-hiccup/event. Also, we had the RAID/Vdisk has not-failed (ofcourse - in critical condition though!), and hosts are still accessing the volumes on that vdisk. With this backgroud, here is the process/detailed-steps. You've gotta have Word or OpenOffice for this to read :-)