Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP 2355 all-in-one printer can't network in XP service pack 2

CA1226220
Advisor

HP 2355 all-in-one printer can't network in XP service pack 2

Hi to all:

I've tried almost everything, but can't get
computers on my network to print to my 2355.
When I pull up the printers, the printer appears (off my computer), however, when it tries to install drivers for the networked computer, it says the drivers won't work (or not compatible)(can't remember exactly).

Is there a set of drivers to install that will allow my 2355 to be available on all my networked computers (3 total). I have a Linksys router. It worked fine with my older HP printer.

Thanks,

Art
2 REPLIES 2
BR856866
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP 2355 all-in-one printer can't network in XP service pack 2

Hi Art

How is you HP 2355 connected to the network. Is it shared off a PC or does it have a print server?

The driver on the HP site is no network support but installing it locally onto one of the PC's then sharing it to allow other to connect to it.

If it uses a jet direct assign that a Static IP then map a local port to the IP address and install the drivers locally. If it has an IP address, test to see if you ping or tracert to it.

Hope this helps.

Terry

If no-one saw you break it, deny all knowledge!
CA1254700
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP 2355 all-in-one printer can't network in XP service pack 2

Hi

I am having exactly the same problem. My printer is connected to a PC running windows XP, I'm trying to share it with another running Win 98SE (it's connected via a wireless network). When I add the printer on the Win98 machine it can see it over the network, but when I put the installation disk in (from the printer) presumably to extract the driver, it does nothing. Any ideas ?

Thanks

Paul