4611 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP A8003A FibreChannel HBA Need FC Port Driver

Phil Bettinson
Occasional Contributor

HP A8003A FibreChannel HBA Need FC Port Driver

Hi,

We have a major client who has used the HP A8003A FC card in his servers. On the driver site I see the SCSI Miniport and Storport drivers. However I do not see the FC Port driver. (as appears on Emulex driver site)

See http://www.emulex.com/support/windows/fcport.jsp

We need the FC Port Driver for the HP card as this provides the large block size support (4MB) we need for driving HP LTO-4 drives with our application.

The SCSI Minport and Storport drivers do work of course but the block size is limited and perfomance is affected by that.

Does an FC Port driver exist for this card?
If not is there a way to use the Emulex LPe1102 FC Port driver? Else this card is not usable to us!

Best Regards

Phil
2 REPLIES 2
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

the FC Port driver should work with the HP card, although I don't think it would be supported for accessing any HP Disk Arrays. If it's just for tape, then I can't see why you cannot use the FC Port driver.

As a comparison, we have HP-branded Qlogic adapters in our Proliant servers, but don't use HP drivers. We use the STORport drivers from other storage vendors, and it works fine.

Regards,
Stephen
Phil Bettinson
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the replies so far.

I understand the principle that HP OEM cards should work with the original manufacturers drivers. But in this case they do not appear to do so. Is there anyone out there using a FC Port driver with HP HP A8003A FC card? Which driver did you manage to get to work?

Is there a way to get the Emulex driver to work with the HP OEM card? I understand it may be possible with other cards but how about this one?

Cheers

Phil