Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP MPX110 Guide?

santaselite
Occasional Contributor

HP MPX110 Guide?

Hi,

I basically am having a little trouble setting up the MPX110s to talk to each other.

I've attached a diagram to this post so you can see the very basic configuration.

I have an EVA 6100 on the left site and a EVA 4100 on the right site (as you look at the diagram). Everything can ping each other and I have added the IP's to the interface.

I have zoned the FC for both sites and they can both see the respective SANs. On the EVA management I can see a new host (iSCSI MPX Host) though I can't present anything to this. I can also see iSCSI Controller 1 under hardware / iSCSI Devices.

Anyway according to the very poor HP documentation I am now suppossed to do the FCIP Route Add. When I do this it's not exactly clear but I try:

IP Source: 192.168.1.111 (GB Interface 1)
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
G/Way: 192.168.1.254 (LES 1000 Connection)
Remote: 192.168.1 121 (Site 2 GB Interfact 1)

When I do this I see the FC Link Status is down and the GB is Up. If I do the reverse of this on the other site:

IP Source: 192.168.1.121
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
G/Way: 192.168.1.254 (LES 1000 Connection)
Remote: 192.168.1.111 (Site 1 GB Interface 1)

I still get exactly the same on both sites.

Any idea what I'm missing? Better yet is there a proper step-by-step guide to getting this working?

Thanks,

S.
5 REPLIES 5
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: HP MPX110 Guide?

The iSCSI entries in CV-EVA are used to manage the MPX100 - an FC/iSCSI gateway. Ignore everything that has to do with iSCSI - it is a client/server protocol and cannot be used to connect two SANs. Did you manually add the MPX110?

Here is a link to the user-guide:
http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01217690/c01217690.pdf

(This LES1000 is a layer 2 bridge?)
santaselite
Occasional Contributor

Hi.

I did not manually add it - the host was already there (I zoned the device on the brocade switch)

The network is flat at the moment and the LES is a point-to-point connection so the devices are on the same network.

Basically what am I looking to do now. Should I do the FCIP routes?

I am looking at the manual on the link provided which is the current one I have (and I think is useless) the part I'm on is page 80. The SAN can see the IP DG's and vice versa I have given IP's to the iSCSI interfaces and I have tried going through the wizard.

Don't suppose you could do a quick step by step guide to give me an idea?

Thanks,

S.
santaselite
Occasional Contributor

I have got slightly further.

I managed to add the other router in (Wizards / Add Remote Router Wizard) but I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

Anyone?

Thanks,

S.
CA1354491
Advisor

Did you ever got this working? We are currently facing the same problem.

Thx.
santaselite
Occasional Contributor

Yes we got it working in the end.

We had to wipe the config from one of the brocade switches after doing the above. This magically copied the other config from the other broacde switch and both could then see each other.

Why we had to do this, I have no idea and if you are thinking of doing this make sure you keep a backup of the configs first.