6491 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP MPX110 - HP StorageWorks IP gateway - Forgot admin password

msingh_K1
Occasional Contributor

HP MPX110 - HP StorageWorks IP gateway - Forgot admin password

Hi all,
can anyone tell me please how to reset the MPX110 Storageworks gateway or restore admin password.
i can access the device using the guest login credentials, but my admin password is not working anymore.
There is a reset button on FC side.. tried it so many times but no luck so far..
anyone ????

4 REPLIES 4
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Re: HP MPX110 - HP StorageWorks IP gateway - Forgot admin password

The user manual says that a reset to factory defaults is the only reset method that will also reset the password to default again. This will also reset the IP configuration back to 10.0.0.1 and disable all iSCSI ports, presentations etc etc, not sure you really want all of that.

To do this, push the pinhole reset button for 20 seconds.

HTH

Kris
msingh_K1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kris,
thanks for your response,
i did tried with reset button, but i havn't tried it for 20 seconds long.
can you point me to the document which describes the reseting method.

Also i have spoken to HP CC, they reckons it can only be done through serial port, which extends our problem, as we never received compatible Serial cable with this device.
we tried CISCO and other generic cables, with different laptops and server, nothing seems to be working.

and HP CC can't even point to the serial cable part no. which is compatible to this product. any information on cable part no.?

Cheers

Singh
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Singh,

just use a normal RJ45 Ethernet LAN cable and connect it to a RJ45 to DB9 connector which you can find in any store, there is no special pinout/wiring for this connection.

Via the serial port you can logon with the guest/password user/password but to launch admin level tasks (with the 'start admin' command), you do need the admin password.

The user guide is here: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01150267/c01150267.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

HTH

Kris
switchfox1977
Occasional Visitor

Hello all.  This is pretty much the only post on the internet that I was able to find reguarding how to factory reset the mpx110.  I wanted to share my experience so that others may not have to suffer the 5 hours of troubleshooting I had to do that ultimately ended with me calling HP Support.

The actual procedure to factory reset this device is the following:

1) Press and hold a pointed, non-metallic tool into the maintenance button(Located near the bottom/left of the "FC1" port) for 20 seconds until the HeartBeat LED light begins to blink.

2) Count the LED blinks until it flashes 20 times and then release the button.

3) The router will reboot itself and set most of the settings to factory default(Just the IP address and not the guest password).  The boot time is less than one minute.

4) Once it is powered up and appears to have normal activity, unplug the power cable.

5) Wait 60 seconds and plug the power cable back in again.

6) Once the router has finished booting back up again, the following will have occurred:

*     Resets all passwords.

*     Resets the maintenance port IP address to 10.0.0.1.

*     Disables the iSCSI ports and sets the IP address to 0.0.0.0.

*     Erases all presentations.

*     Erases all discovered initiators and targets.