1753561 Members
5676 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP MSA 1000 2/8 switch

desijat
Advisor

HP MSA 1000 2/8 switch

Hi - I have inherited a MSA 1000 and do not have the admin password to the switch. Is there any documentation that explains how to reset the password? Also, will resetting the password delete the existing SAN configuration i.e. logical drives etc.
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

The default username/password is "admin"/"password". You can also try it with users: "root" and "factory". If that does not help, I am afraid you have to call HP for help to regain control of the switch.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Resetting the switch would have no effect on the MSA itself. It is a separate entity residing inside the MSA1000 controller shelf. The only connection is the fibre port of the controller on the backplane to the switch for fibre connectivity. They share power too, but will not do anything.

As Uwe says, try the defaults... admin/password, root/password and factory/password.

If those don't work, then you can try HP, but they might refer you to Brocade as well.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
desijat
Advisor

Thanks guys for your help. I had already tried the root/factory options and since that did not work, I will try the HP route.