6310 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP MSA Question

jenelsebo
Occasional Visitor

HP MSA Question

Hey there:

I am inheriting a network (with little to no documentation, aside from passwords) that has an HP P2000 G3 MSA Storage array. On the back of the unit, it is connected via the fiber channel to two other HP servers. I need to add more storage, however, I cannot find where to manage it. I looked to see if there were any local tools with no luck. Searches online show it is supposed to be web-managed, but I can't seem to find it anywhere on the network. Anyone have experience with these units that can share some knowledge with me?

Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2
Richard75
Frequent Advisor

Hi ,

the default IP adress for management, you can login with manage / !manage

10.0.0.2 (controller A)

10.0.0.3 (controller B)

IP Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway IP Address: 10.0.0.1

I work for many years with HPE products, but i don't work for HPE so this is not official support
JonPaul
HPE Pro

Your best bet is to use the USB Micro CLI port on the back of the system to direct access and find the IPs using the CLI commands.  Default username/password:  manage/!manage
Unfortunately the P2000 is End Of Support Life so your official support of the product will be sparse.
Once you get access to the system, I would recommend using the MSA Health Check to check against best practices https://www.hpe.com/storage/msahealthcheck

I work for HPE